Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tofu Scramble

Tofu Scramble!!!!

I made this one with sweet potatoes. Usually I don't use sweet potatoes, but I discovered an added benefit--they fry up great and they cook faster than regular ones.












For my tofu scramble I sauté the following ingredients in order:
Olive Oil
Garlic, minced
Diced onion
Sweet Potatoes, diced

Steam those ingredients with the lid on until the potatoes are tender, then remove the lid and cook these into it until it is nice and crisp:
Bell Peppers, diced
Tofu, cubed
Spices: ground pepper, cajun seasoning (or other multi-spice), a little taco seasoning, etc.

Top with cheese sauce and scallions (gay green onions).
Cheese Sauce:
Heat about 1/2 cup Coconut Milk Drink (So Delicious Brand is good)
Add ground pepper, salt, cumin, and a little salsa
Once milk is hot, add a little Daiya Cheddar (a little at a time until you get your desired texture).


1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I'm going to try that...feed me more (recipes) please =)

    Hugs and love,
    EmJ

    ReplyDelete